Bournemouth University Gateway Building
- Main Contractor: Kier
- Project Value: £2m
- Works: Drylining, Suspended Ceilings, Plastering, Acoustic wall and ceiling panels
The Bournemouth Gateway Building offers students and staff the latest specialist equipment for their education and research. This includes simulation rooms such as:
- An operating theatre
- Hospital wards, including an acute ward
- Residential flat for simulating care in the home scenarios
- Maternity birthing room
- Skills labs for physiotherapy, occupational therapy and paramedic (ambulance) simulation
- It will also contain an MRI scanner, which will benefit not only the students, but will be used for the training of practitioners from local trusts throughout the region, as well as providing valuable research resources for projects that beneficially impact society and our community.
With vast open areas the designers had to consider the use of acoustic panels and baffles to absorb the sounds of a busy learning hub.